To write or not to write?

When I was younger, I wrote a lot of poetry. I have books and books full of poems that I wrote. I even had one poem published in a real poetry book. Most of the poems were full of teen angst and teen love, but occasionally, I would write a few that were not. As I got older and busier, I stopped writing so often. Now, I rarely find the time (or feel inspired) to write a poem. That makes me sad. I miss writing poetry. I miss the release of emotions that happens as you write a good poem. Should I make the time to actually write a poem? I don't know. Whenever I try to do that, I come up with nothing. I seem to only be able to write poetry when it just "comes to me." But maybe that is due to the fact that I do not try enough. What if I put the time aside to write more often? We will see. In the meantime, check out my poems here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support