Surprises and Miscommunications

Last night, I got to go out to celebrate a good friend at her surprise bachelorette party.  We arrived and visited while we waited for her to make her way there. She had to be convinced to come over, but I think she's glad she did! So many women were there to celebrate her!  There was a yummy spread of food brought by all the guests, from cake pops to 7 layer mexican dips to meatballs. I brought Bacon Wrapped Pineapple and they were a BIG hit. It was the first time I made them, and I can guarantee I will be making them again. In case you're interested, here's where I got the recipe from. It's super easy, and super delicious. I'll post the recipe at the bottom of this post too.

After the potluck portion of the party, I had to come home to put E to bed. I loved how smiley he was when I got home! It was the first time mrblueberry had to do dinner with E without me, and E sure looked like he had had fun with his Daddy. Then I went to pick up another friend and we drove to the bar which ended up getting changed to a different bar and we ended driving for an hour before getting to the right place. It was a night rife with miscommunication complete with a wrong address that brought us to an adult massage parlour instead! But we got to have some great conversations on the drive, and once we got there we had a blast. It's been a long time since I was at a bar and I had a lot of fun. Thanks to mrblueberry for handling E!  I feel so lucky that I married a man who is not only a great husband, but a fantastic daddy.

Bacon Wrapped Pineapple

Ingredients

  • 1 Cup ketchup
  • 1/4 Cup  brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1/8 Tsp. hot sauce
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 (15 1/2 oz.) Can pineapple chunks, drained
  • 1 Lb. bacon, cut in half crosswise

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 400°.
  2. Combine first 5 ingredients in saucepan, stirring well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
  3. Remove from heat, set sauce aside.
  4. Wrap each pineapple chunk with a piece of bacon, securing with a wooden pick.
  5. Place on rack in shallow roasting pan (you must place them on a rack or else they will sit in the grease as they cook and disintigrate). I actually used a broiling pan.
  6. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes then baste with sauce, return to oven.
  7. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes until bacon is cooked.
  8. Serve with sauce.
  9. ENJOY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support