Fall in the mountains

There is something refreshing about the fall in the mountains. I can't quite put my finger on it, but after being in BC for 4 days, I feel lighter. Like all of my worries and concerns just floated away with the morning fog or was washed away by the mountain showers. While I agree that a lot of rain anywhere can be depressing, a little mountain rain is nothing like rain in Alberta. Mountain rain refreshes my soul. It washes away my insecurities. In the fall, the mornings are usually foggy; however, by noon it has usually lifted. In that time, the sun's rays shine through the fog as if from heaven themselves, as if their touch turns the leaves from green to gold.  The gold and copper leaves of fall remind me that even in death there is beauty. Here are a few pictures from my drive through the mountains:




The trip to BC was fabulous. E cooperated for the drive (for the most part), and we made it there in record time--6 hours with one 20 minute stop for lunch, and three other random stops. I always feel like my heart lifts when the mountains are no longer in the distance and are instead surrounding me. Visiting with my family was great, like usual. I love staying with my sister when I go home. I really do wish we lived closer to each other. I sure miss her! What is it about sisters? Growing up, we had many, many times when we didn't like each other very much. Now, I can't imagine myself without her in my life. Funny how becoming an adult can do that.  The pictures I took of her turned out well (I think so anyway). I took the great things that I have learned about photography from my friend Jen (here), and used them fairly successfully. It was the perfect evening: the fall colours were bright, the temperature was just right, the sun cooperated, and the love between mother and father to be was very apparent. These two are going to make fantastic parents, and I can't wait to see my sister grow as a mother.



My sister's Mother Blessing Ceremony was amazing. It turned out even better than I had hoped it would. Everyone came with words of encouragement, support and wisdom for her. There was laughter and tears, but most of all, a fellowship of women offering their support to another woman. I think that every pregnant woman needs to have a ceremony like this one. I know I wish I had had one. I hope that she can take that feeling of support and carry it with her the rest of her pregnancy! I love you girl!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support