momstown Busy Bag Swap

I've been busy working on my activities for the busy bag swap momstown is putting on. I chose to be in two different groups: the toddler group, and the pre-K group. I figured that with the new baby on his way, I am going to need lots of things to keep E busy while I am busy with his brother. I had a few ideas already from my teaching days, but ultimately, I found my ideas on Pinterest. I have just finished the activities, so I thought I would share them with you here! This is only one of the many, many sources that I found the toddler activity on!

"I Spy" Containers

What you need:
-1 clear, plastic jar or bottle (a water bottle or small mayonnaise jar would work here. Just depends on your items, and how big you want it)
-rice
-small items (buttons, elastics, plastic letters, anything really!)


What you do:
1. Add your items to your containers.
2. Pour in your rice.

 

3. Ta da!


I also took pictures of each item in each container and printed them out on as a sort of "picture list," which mrblueberry laminated for me. This way each child can use a wet erase marker to cross of the item as they find it. You may want to hot glue the top to your container down. I chose not to as I like the option of being able to change the items out.

E has been playing with his for a couple of days now. He loves to shake it!

For my pre-K activity, I chose to do Popsicle stick puzzles. I have seen these before in classrooms that I subbed in and loved them then. So, when I read the link provided to us for ideas and saw them again, I jumped at the chance to make them. They are so unbelievably easy! The hardest part for me was finding jumbo Popsicle sticks! I used photos that I had taken at the zoo and on vacations, and I love how they turned out. Here's the directions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support