30 Things Before I am 30


I mentioned in my last post that I was working on a list of things I want to do before I turn 30. It was hard to narrow it down and decide which things I really wanted to do, but I was finally able to after a lot of thought. I finally finished it, and as promised here it is:

30 things to do before I am 30

1. Have a home birth, free from drugs or interventions.
2. Finish E’s first year scrapbook, and start on the new baby’s.
3. Do the "Walk to Remember" in honour of the baby we lost.
4. Eat more fruits and vegetables, and less sugary stuff. (This is a work in progress, but it's slowly happening!)
5. Volunteer my time once a month.
6. Call both my mom and my dad at least once a week, just to say hi.
7. Sew a blanket for the new baby.
8. Paint the bottom half of the walls in E’s bedroom.
9. Go see Rocky Horror Picture Show at the theater.
10. Go for Sunday walks with the family (unless it’s colder than -20)
11. Change out some of the photos in our photo frames to newer ones.
12. Read a book a month, or more.
13. Take 5 minutes every day just being grateful. (Re-start my gratuity journal).
14. Exercise 2- 3 times a week. (I'm doing 5!)
15. Learn more carries in my woven wrap, and use it more often.
16. Wear my glasses instead of contacts for one day a week.
17. Floss more regularly.
18. Take a tour in the legislature building.
19. Moisturize my face and body every day.
20. Go to a pick-your-own fruit place in the summer.
21. Dance in the rain with the family.
22. Drink at least 1.5 L of water a day. (work in progress! Most days I do!)
23. Organize my scrapbooking and craft stuff.
24. Phone my out-of-town friends at least once a month, if not more.
25. Spend less time on the computer/internet.
26. Organize photos on the computer (delete duplicates, bad photos, etc), and back them up.
27. Take E fishing.
28. Learn to knit.
29. Surprise a friend once a month.
30. Write a letter to myself to open when I turn 40.
  
      So there you have it. My non-resolutions for the rest of my twenties. As of today, I have just over 16 months to complete everything. I can already feel the sense of accomplishment and joy that they will bring!

*  Edit: As I complete things from this list, I will cross them off! Some I won't be able to cross off until the end, but I will give updates on how I am doing with them. 

Comments

Tash said…
Sarah, leg tours are free everyday. I would suggest going when session is not in, that way you can get a tour of the proceedings hall as well.
mmeblueberry said…
Thanks Tash! I knew that, but we just haven't made the time to go. It's something we've talked about doing for ages!

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support