The Wall

Just missing two of our team! So proud of everyone.
I have hit the wall. It's been four months of running and fundraising. Four months of being perpetually busy. Four months of neglecting my own spiritual needs in order to meet my goals. And, finally, the wall has emerged and I ran face first into it. And, it hurts.

My relationships are floundering, my mental stability is not so stable, and my parenting is not as gentle nor as patient as I would like it to be. I am frustrated, to say the least. I love what my body has shown me these past months. I love how much I have raised. But there are ten of us mamas raising money. Ten of us mamas who are putting our hearts and souls into this venture.
Amidst the fundraising, we're all on our own weight loss and fitness journeys which is always an emotionally fueled journey. What happens when you put that many women into the same room? Eventually, problems arise. And so, here we are. Trying to be adults about the situation. And yet, here I am still feeling like the left out teenager I once was. 

It's hard when everyone is on a different path. Different experiences, different personalities, different people.. We're all trying to work together to reach a common goal. Group work isn't easy. I dreaded group work in school. I hate not having full control over things! But as difficult and frustrating as it has been at times, it is absolutely worth it. When this is all over, we will have raised almost $30,000 for cancer research! We will look back at the hard times of both training and fundraising: the hours spent running and organizing events, the tears shed from pushing our bodies beyond their limits, the sore muscles, the hours and hours and hours spent away from our own families. We will look back and know that it was not in vain. We have accomplished something amazing already and when we cross that finish line May 5, it's only going to be more amazing. For more information, check out our group page. We have raised over $25,000 so far. Please help us reach our $30,000 goal!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support