Six Years Ago


Six years ago, I was busy finishing up writing my vows for the following day. We had spent the evening with our family celebrating what was to come the next day and I was happy. How could I not be? The next day I was marrying my best friend, my lover, my confidant. The person who with just one touch could make all my fears disappear. It's amazing how quickly time flies. It truthfully seems like yesterday that I put that wedding dress on, walked down the aisle holding onto my dad's arm, choking back tears and hearing my uncle remind me to smile as my future awaited for me at the end of that long walk. It has been an interesting six years: full of joy and happiness, sadness and hurt, and lots and lots of fun. I wouldn't change a thing. Even the hard times. Through those times of hurt and pain, I saw a man who knew how to stand beside me. A man who put me first and treated me with dignity. Sure, we've had our moments just like every other couple. Love is not easy. Marriage is not easy. But, nobody said that it would be. They just said that it would be worth it. And, let me tell you, it is. Through all the twists and turns, the ups and downs, it is absolutely worth it.


I promise to always cherish your beliefs and treat you with respect and dignity because I expect nothing less from you. I promise to encourage your compassion and love for those around you because that is what inspires me to be a better person. I promise to be your confidante and best friend, always ready to share your hopes, dreams and secrets. I promise to always stand beside you, in both good times and bad, because when we stand together, the good times are much sweeter and the bad aren't quite so bitter. Lastly, I promise that I will love you more today than I did yesterday, but not as much as I will tomorrow. This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support