Affirmations at 40 Weeks

My guess date is tomorrow. I hit the "40 week" mark tomorrow. I truthfully did not think I would hit it. As much as I know that pregnancy can go safely to 42 weeks (and beyond in many cases), I had my mind made up that this baby would arrive early just like E. Obviously, that was clearly not the case. This little boy must want to pave his own path and not follow his brother's. At this point, I know that it could really happen at any time. Knowing that almost makes things harder. Every little thing makes me wonder if something will be happening soon. Each night I go to bed and wonder if I will awake and know that it is time. I am trying to enjoy what time we have left as a family of three. I know that life is about to become very hectic. I am taking the time to snuggle E when he will let me and to relax and nap when I can. Very soon, I will have a newborn again. It's hard to believe that at one point E was that little. I look at him in his full toddler glory, and wonder how time escaped me. How on earth do I have an almost two year old already? I am sure the same will happen with this little boy too.

It is hard to be this pregnant and chase after a toddler. I am finding that I am reminding myself of several things as the days go on. I have the quotes and messages from the fantastic ladies that attended my mother blessing strung up in my dining room, and I often look up at them and feel renewed again. I also repeat a few key phrases in my mind when I start to get overwhelmed with being SO pregnant. Affirmations that are helping me to get through the days and long, sleepless nights. Some of them are ones I have read in other places, some are ones I have just thought up. But all of them are helping me to live in the moment.
  • My body and my baby's body know what they are doing. Birth will happen when both are ready.
  • No cramp or contraction is wasted. Each one is preparing my body for giving birth. 
  • Every minute that passes is a minute closer to meeting my baby. 
  • My baby will come. Nobody is pregnant forever.
  • I cherish the time with E that my baby gives me. Soon my time will be divided between two.
  • I honour the great thing that my body is doing. Growing a human being is no small feat. Just like when exercising, there is bound to be aches and pains.
  • My baby knows the perfect time to enter this world. He will come on the day that is meant to be his birthday.
  • I trust that my baby is getting ready for birth. Even if I don't feel like he is.
  • My body is not a lemon. God does not create lemons. My body knows what it is doing.
These affirmations, along with the support of my friends, family and mrblueberry, are helping me to get through the hard parts. Sometimes I need to repeat them several times. Sometimes, though, all it takes is a deep breath, repeating one in my mind and I feel like I can continue. I am still so excited to meet this little man, but I know that he will be here soon, in his own time. Here's hoping that time is sooner than later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support