Finding Patience at 39 Weeks is Hard

Patience. It was definitely not handed out to me in abundance when God was handing out virtues. I have gained a lot of patience since becoming a teacher and mother, but not enough. I have zero patience when it comes to waiting for things. I hate waiting. I can't even wait to give gifts at birthdays! Waiting for this little boy to be born is driving me crazy. I feel like I'm stuck in limbo. I have written about waiting before when my sister was pregnant (when she was also 39 weeks pregnant, interestingly enough). 

Taken by Snow Pea Portraits

I am the most pregnant I have ever been. I went into labour with E at 38 weeks and 4 days. He was born the following morning, ten days early. I am now 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant with this current little boy. When I think that I could potentially have almost three more weeks of this, I want to throw up a little. Okay, a lot. My body can't handle much longer. Heck, my patience can't handle much longer! I have to continually remind myself to take a breath while I am dealing with the various toddler issues that can pop up during the day. Some days, I feel like the worst mom in the world when I knowingly overreact to something E has done. I often wonder if those moments will overpower his memories instead of everything else. I try so hard to use gentle parenting techniques but, lately, it has been so hard to do.

I am also tired of the comments from strangers about how big I am and how I must be "ready to pop." UGH! While grocery shopping the other day, I had an older man joke that I was trying to steal a watermelon. I was so confused because I had a watermelon IN my cart, and then I realized what he meant and half-heartedly laughed and continued on my way. Today, while doing errands, I had at least three people ask me if the baby was coming "any day now." I have been trying to keep myself busy so that I don't think about what isn't happening, and all of these comments just remind me yet again! I know that pregnancy is an exciting time and that other people are often intrigued by it, but please, give the huge, pregnant lady a break! Smile if you want, but please don't ask me when the baby is coming (mostly because I DON'T KNOW. Babies come when they come!). I feel like replying, "Oh, still a few more months...I'm only 6 months pregnant!" just to see what they would say.

I know just a couple of weeks ago I said that I was going to cherish the last moments of this pregnancy. I am trying to do that. But it is hard. I really, really, really just want to meet this little man. I just have to keep telling myself that it will happen soon. Really soon. And to my friends and family, don't worry...I won't keep him hidden away and not tell you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support