No Appointment Made

Taken from www.myorganizedlifestyle.com/2011/01/are-you-under-water.html
I need to make a doctor's appointment for E. And I am putting it off. Back in June, E got his finger caught in the screen door. It cut his finger, and now his nail is not growing properly and I can't seem to get rid of the infection. I showed it to the doctor at his two year check-up, but she said to continue doing what I was doing and if it didn't get better to bring him back. Well, that was almost two months ago now. But I hate making doctor's appointments, so I haven't done it.

Why haven't I done it? Because it can only go one of two ways:
  1. I surprisingly find the cordless phone on the charger, and it is charged. E tries to take the phone from me. I call the office. E is pushing buttons as I am trying to keep the phone from him. Receptionist answers, and puts me on hold while I try to dodge and distract E from the phone. I wait. E is thankfully distracted by his toys, but A decides to wake up and wants to nurse. I start singing along to the awful "on hold" music as I nurse A. Receptionist comes back on the line and catches me singing. I stop. E starts screaming for food. Because, apparently, I don't feed him like EVER. In between trying to find E a snack and juggling A, I ask to make an appointment. Receptionist asks for my information, and starts listing off a few dates available. I drop the phone as I hand E his snack. E is quicker than I (remember, I'm still nursing A), and snatches it up. By the time I get the phone back, he has hung it up. No appointment made. 
  2. I wait for nap time when both boys are sleeping. I search for the cordless phone. Find it among E's bin of cars. It is dead. I decide to use my cell phone instead, but it is also dead because E had sneakily taken it without me noticing it earlier. I resort to using the corded phone. I call the office. Receptionist answers, and puts me on hold. I wait. I start singing along to the awful "on hold" music. Receptionist comes back on the line and catches me singing. I stop. I ask to make an appointment for E. She makes me give all the information. Then, she tells me they can get me in October 5...2018. Okay, okay. Maybe not that long. But it's usually at least a month later. One of the boys wakes up and starts crying. I am on the corded phone, so can't go check on them. The crying turns to screaming. I get frustrated, say "never mind," and hang up. No appointment made.
In both situations, I don't make an appointment! So, why bother? Sigh. Maybe I'll just take him to the walk-in clinic, but as moms everywhere know, that is just as bad. Waiting for hours in a walk-in clinic with a two year old, and an eleven week old? No, thank you. Maybe I will just make mrblueberry take him in. Or, I will consult with Mr. Google.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support