The Aches and Pains of Pregnancy: Absolutely Worth It

As I sit here looking out the window at all the fresh snow in the middle of April (yet again), I am struck by the realization that time truly does not sit still. I feel like time has behaved as a willful toddler the past few months, racing ahead with no regard for those around or for what it leaves in its path. In such a short time, our family of three will be a family of four. In only eight weeks, give or take, I will have another little boy to love and cherish. How does time get away from us? It seems like only yesterday that I was announcing to everyone that I was expecting another child, and now that child is almost here.

The third trimester has taken my body and is trying to overtake me. Heartburn is almost constant. I have multiple aches and pains from the weight of my (huge) belly and from my ligaments and joints preparing for the birth. My back constantly hurts and I have started to deal with pubic bone pain in the last few days due to the little man starting to drop down. Sleep is hard to come by, and not only because E still isn't sleeping through the night (and still wants to nurse for at least one of those wake-ups). The nausea from the first trimester has returned and sneaks up on me at inopportune moments. And my bladder. Oh what I wouldn't give to not have to pee every 20 minutes (literally!).

And you know what? I wouldn't change it for the world. In the grand scheme of pregnancies, this one has been fairly easy. Minus the regular pregnancy complaints, I have felt pretty great. Even while chasing my willful toddler when he runs away from me in the parking lot. All of these aches and pains are bringing me closer each day to a beautiful, new baby whom I will get to share with mrblueberry and E (and of course all my friends that are dying to snuggle him and wear him). The aches and pains are worth it. Every. Single. One. When E snuggles up to my belly and hugs it and kisses it while I sing to him, they are worth it. When E points to my belly and says "baby", they are worth it. When mrblueberry whispers to my belly how excited he is to meet this new little boy, they are worth it. When he reacts to mrblueberry touching my belly, they are worth it. When I feel this little boy rolling around in my belly, stretching out as he tests his limbs, they are worth it. And when I reach down and catch that little boy surrounded by people who love me, being the first hands to touch his body in this world, they will be worth it. So time, don't slow down because I can't wait to meet this little boy. But don't go too fast either. I want to cherish the last moments of this pregnancy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support