Two Months and Squishy


My baby boy is two months old today. Wow. Time sure flies. It seems like yesterday that he came into our lives, and yet, it feels like he has been here forever. Life sure is busy with both boys, and I wouldn't have it any other way. In A's short two months, he has already done so much! He's been to one bridal shower, one bachelorette party, three weddings, gone on three different six hour road trips, been to the Calgary zoo, gone camping, and so much more. I have loved having mrblueberry home for the summer to share in all these experiences too. I just love seeing him play with E and interact with A. 


Transitioning into a family of four has been interesting. And I don't mean interesting in a bad way. So far, everything has been going fairly smoothly, even with all the traveling we did in July. Truthfully, I have no complaints at all. E has done well with it. He loves his little brother and hasn't shown any jealousy yet. A (so far) is a much better sleeper than E ever was and right from the start would sleep about six hours straight at night. He's a fairly calm baby, generally only crying when he's hungry or wants to go to sleep (or when E loves him too much). He is a great nurser, even though I can't seem to get rid of his thrush no matter what I do. And he's just so darn squishy. Seriously. My two month old is the size of many four month olds. He has almost outgrown the swing. He has also been wearing six month onesies and sleepers for almost a month now! He. Is. Big. 


What have I learned?
  • Babywearing is a life saver. I thought this before, but now I KNOW this.
  • Shopping with two children is a headache waiting to happen. But it must be done. To make it easier, see the above point about babywearing.
  • Toddlers think babies should be able to play cars with them and get mad when the baby doesn't make the "car noise."
  • I have never been happier or more thankful to have a hands-on partner.
  • I have also never been more grateful for my friends and family.
  • Time has a mind of its own and if I think I have plenty of time to get somewhere, I really don't.
  • Prepare the night before when you are going out the next day: pack the diaper bag and prep the snacks so you don't have to worry about it in the morning!
  • Laundry never ends.
Mrblueberry goes back to school next week for the year, so we will see how I fare then. I am a little nervous to be alone all day, every day. But I know I can do it. If I could handle fifteen high-energy grade ones, I can handle a baby and a toddler. I hope. No, I know. I am a mama. Mamas adapt. So, no matter what my toddler and baby throw me, I will adapt. And if I have trouble, well, it's a good thing I have momstown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support