Grateful


Sometimes, I wake up and just thank God for the things that I have in my life. I have done that a few more times than usual in the past couple of months. This summer, many people have been touched by tragedy and near tragedy in my life. Mrblueberry's grandmother had a stroke and passed away. My good friends were in a scary car accident, and besides some bruises and concussion, were thankfully okay. Those same friends had their grandmother pass away this past week. My sister told me about a friend of hers who was just diagnosed with a brain tumor and she only recently had a baby. Another friend of mine's good friend had her best friend (who was a mother of two) lose a sudden fight with cancer. I sit here looking out my window at my husband dancing with my ten week old and two year old, and don't know what I would do if I lost one of them. I think about my sister, my best friend, any of my family or other close friends, and don't know what my life would be like without them either. I just can't fathom it. And, truthfully, I don't want to. So today, I am grateful. I am grateful for those in my life who I talk to regularly, and those that I don't (but probably should). I am grateful to have family and friends who I wouldn't trade for anyone, or anything, in the world. I am grateful that mrblueberry has a great job that allows me to stay home and experience my children learning and growing each day. It doesn't matter that we don't have a big tv, or the newest vehicle, that I can't just go out and buy new clothes whenever I feel like, that we can't buy our kids everything they may want, or that we can't go on big, fancy vacations. I have fantastic children, a loving husband, friends and family who are there for me when I need it, a roof over my head, and food on my table. And, really, I couldn't ask for more. 

Love these boys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support