On the Road Again.

We are all packed and ready to get on the road first thing tomorrow! I can't wait to see the beautiful colours and smell the crisp BC mountain air.  There is just something magical about the fall in the mountains. The light seems to dance among the colours, and the air itself changes to something soul refreshing. I am hoping to get some good pictures of E this time; now that I have FINALLY figured out my camera settings! Actually, there will be lots of picture-taking. My sister has asked me to take some maternity photos of her and her fiance, and I couldn't be more honoured. I am not a professional by any sense of the word, and the fact that she wants to share those moments with me is touching. I have a few ideas in my head, and I really hope the sun cooperates for them! Hopefully, I will get something fantastic for her and share it here for you.
E and I are actually heading to BC for my sister's "Mother Blessing" ceremony. A good friend of mine whom I look up to in so many ways had one before she gave birth to her daughter 6 months ago. From her pictures, I fell in love with the idea. Basically, it is a time for celebrating the mother-to-be and giving her the strength to not only get through the rest of the pregnancy, but labour and delivery as well. Surrounded by women she looks up to in her life, she is pampered and supported.  Here is where I got most of my ideas for my sister's if you are interested. I can't wait! 
What is your favourite part about fall? And if you had to give a momma-to-be one piece of advice about pregnancy/birth/newborns, what would it be? 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support