Recommitment


February 15. Re-commitment day. The day when running this half marathon became real. The day that I suddenly became personally responsible for whatever I don't raise from my fundraising goal for TNT. For three months, I have been training. Running. Pushing myself beyond what I thought I was capable of. Focusing on eating healthy and eating to fuel my body. Raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through many, many fundraisers. It has been a very, very busy three months between all of the fitness training, planning, and executing of fundraisers.

When I started on this journey, I started with the knowledge that come February I could drop out if I didn't think I could do it, whether that be the physical side or the fundraising side. Honestly, I was a little intimidated by not only the training, but by the large amount of money we need to raise. But now here we are three months in. Not only have I raised more than half of my fundraising commitment, but I have proven to myself over and over again how strong my body is. I have lost almost 20 pounds, felt my body get stronger and stronger, and have finally found myself amidst the mother that I am. And, I've proved to myself that I have the dedication to stick with something. Unless it's work, I tend to "give up" things like this after the initial "honeymoon phase." I've heard that has something to do with being an Aries, but I don't know how true that is. I do know that I'm determined to see this through until the end though.

The past couple of weeks have been hard to stay on a routine. We've been busy, A has been wanting to nurse all night long resulting in a very tired mama, and I've been missing my family time. I've managed to fit in my training still, as much as my brain has been trying to make excuse after excuse. But, it's been hard, and I feel like I've missed way too much family time. I need to get myself back into my routine of morning running again. It's just too easy to make excuses after a day of chasing a toddler and newly mobile baby around. In the morning, those excuses are much easier to ignore. But, sometimes with kids, you have to do what you have to do. I don't know how successful morning running will be for me, but I do know that I will not lose my focus. Those people that I am running for do not get a choice to lose their focus. They don't get a break from their cancer. There's no "rest day" when cancer sits back and lets them relax. It's always there. In their face. Taunting those living with it, whether it be in their body or in the body of a loved one. And so, I will run. I will run when I'm tired. I will run when I am upset. I will run when I am happy. I will run when I would rather be sitting at home on the couch. I will just run. Not everyone can run, but I can. So I will. Are you one of the ones who want to help, but can't run? Please help me reach my fundraising goal. Be it $5, $50, or $500. Every little bit helps. Need a little more incentive? I've made a little "rewards" program that will also encourage me to keep going!

The “Miler”: $2/mile = $26.20 for 13.1m (gets a handwritten Thank You note)
The “Clicker”: $2/click = $42.20 for 21.1km (gets a personal Thank You phone call)
The “Believer”: 100 km in one month = $100 (gets your name printed on my race shirt)
The “Outrageous”: 200 km in two months =$200 (gets a personal phone call from race finish line)
The “Possibility”: $250 and over (gets a framed photo of the “impossible” finish)

For those who have already donated, thanks so much for believing in me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support