Thankful

Thankful. It's a word that we often throw around without really thinking about what it means. We say "Thank you" and are annoyed when someone else doesn't observe this societal nicety. We teach our children to say "thank you" but do we teach them what it means? Do they truly understand what it means to be thankful for something? Do we understand? I find myself thinking tonight about thankfulness. It's only right, being Thanksgiving weekend. Tonight, my house is quiet. The baby is sleeping and mrblueberry took E to the hockey game. And so, I am alone in my thoughts about thankfulness. It seems to happen every year around this time. What am I truly thankful for this year?
  1. I'm thankful for the roof over my head, the furnace I can turn on, food in my fridge, and the lights that light my home.
  2. I'm thankful for ability to stay home with my boys, to not have to return to work. It's hard, but we make it work, and I am thankful that we are able to do so.
  3. I'm thankful for my parents who helped to shape who I am. 
  4. I'm thankful for my sister and my brother, who have turned from just siblings to friends.
  5. I'm thankful for my friends who have stood by me and laughed with me, cried with me, screamed with me, and complained with me.
  6. I'm thankful for mrblueberry. Without him, I don't know where I would be. Relationships are hard, but they are worth it.
  7. I'm thankful for those two beautiful boys who have changed my life more than I could have ever imagined. And for the one little life that I never got to meet.
  8. I'm thankful for my nephews, even though I don't see them nearly as much as I wish I could. 
  9. I'm thankful for the little life who may arrive any moment into my brave waiting friend's arms.
  10. Most importantly, I'm thankful for me. I'm thankful that in all those moments in my life when I felt like it wasn't worth going on I thought differently. I'm thankful that God stepped in and reminded me of all those things waiting for me. And I'm thankful that friends and family were there to fall on and helped to lift me up when I needed it.
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overdue and Tired

Pop Can Caroler Craft

Mother Blessing: A Day of Love and Support